A number of mobile networks in the United States have opted to offer discounted or free wireless phone service through the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP). Through this article, we will learn what is ACP program, how much discount you get, how to apply, eligibility, and the application process.
By this time you might know that the ACP Program is designed to help households or families struggling to afford internet services. Eligible customers get a discount of $30/month on wireless phone services or internet services and those who live in the qualifying tribal lands get up to a $75/month discount. Along with that, you get a free smartphone and further, the program was extended to provide a free tablet PC by paying a $10 deposit fee. However, this is not available to all as it’s available to eligible customers based on American Federal Assistance program participation or income. This framework is designed by the Federal Communication Commission(FCC).
Easy Wireless ACP Program:
Through the following article, we will go through below mentioned topics –
Easy Wireless offers ACP discounted services for wireless phone connectivity in 47 states of America. If you opt for the basic $30 plan, you will get $30 as monthly credit to your account, and if you are opting for a higher or unlimited internet plan then $30 would be a discount on your bill and you will have to pay the remaining amount.
ACP framework benefits are plenty. If you are eligible then you get the following benefits –
- Free smartphone
- $30 monthly wireless phone service discount
- Free high-speed limited data
- Free Unlimited Talk and Text
- Free access to WiFi hotspots
- Free Voicemail
- Free Emergency Service Calls
Those benefits are great but only available to eligible customers, so let’s check out the eligibility criteria next.
The ACP program is designed to benefit those who actually need the most. You can qualify in either two ways –
#1 Household Income:
Your household income should be less or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
#2 Federal Assistance Programs:
You automatically qualify for ACP if you or someone in your household is a participant in the following federal assistance programs –
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Food Stamps are formerly known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current year
- School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Further, if you are already a participant in the Lifeline program, then you will be automatically migrated and you can change the network.
So that’s a huge set of list. If you are a participant in any of the above-mentioned programs then you automatically qualify for free phone services under the ACP program and below mentioned is the guide to documents needed during the application process.
Documents Needed for Inclusion under ACP Program:
If you have checked on how you can qualify, then before applying you will further need the following documents –
- Valid government, military or state or Tribal ID card
- Birth certificate
- Driving License
- Green Card or Permanent Resident Card
- Government Assistance program document through which you qualify
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
How to Apply for ACP at Easy Wireless:
In order to apply for Easy Wireless free smartphone services, just follow the process mentioned below –
- Directly open the myEasyWireless ACP signup page.
- Provide your email and Zip code to get started.
- Tap or click on Enroll Now.
- Provide your basic details like first name, last name, and address, then click on NEXT.
- On the next page, you will have to upload documents through which you qualify and a valid government identity proof.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the process is completed, you will be provided with a reference or tracking code.
That’s it, your ACP application process is completed and within 4-7 working days you will get a parcel from Easy Wireless with a free smartphone and a SIM card.
You just need to insert a SIM card into the phone to activate the device and the ACP services.
What kind of Phone does Easy Wireless Provide?
When you signup for the ACP program with Easy Wireless, you get a smartphone with a SIM card and regarding the phone model, it’s neither you nor the network provider (in this case Easy Wireless) has info about the phone make or model, although you can get any of the following branded phones
- Refurbished Galaxy S Series phone (Galaxy S9, S7, S8)
- Refurbished or old Apple iPhone model (iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8)
- Alcatel phone
- The latest Mid-range Samsung Galaxy phone
- Motorola Moto phone
- Nokia Android phone
- OnePlus phone
- New LG phone
- New TCL phone
- BLU phone
If you have any questions, you can call on toll-free helpline number (877) 476-3451 available Monday to Saturday at regular business time.
Easy Wireless Customer Service/Support:
Good customer service always helps businesses grow bigger and better with time. They provide customer support through toll-free numbers, chat, and email.
In order to talk directly to a customer care agent, you need to dial 1-800-123-4567 or email them at [email protected] and talk about your query.
So that’s all about the Easy Wireless ACP program. The program is similar and in line with FCC guidelines for a registered ACP network. If you have any questions, please ask using the comment form, I would be happy to help you.